Arts Resource Desk
Resources, group-based learning and one-on-one consulting for artists and organizations around artistic and business needs
9 AM – 11:30 AM CST
Help Desk is an open line for any questions you may have regarding available resources, connecting and networking, or problem solving. Depending on the topic, you may be redirected to scheduling 1:1s with Arts Resource Desk Manager Simone Cottrell or scheduling an appointment with another CACHE team member.
45 mins / appointment
1:1s are 45 minute appointments, with a maximum of four appointments per topic. Topics include, but are not limited to:
• Mission statements
• Artist bios and / or statements
• Basic budgeting
• Grant editing assistance
The first meeting will be a consultation about what type of assistance is needed. An action plan will be agreed upon in the consultation. Other assistance options may include directing you to another CACHE team member or a trusted external source.
In partnership with Nonprofit Finance Fund, CACHE and NFF are offering one free 60-minute office hour sessions per NWA arts and culture nonprofit organization to engage directly with NFF consultants for thought partnership around specific financial challenges they are confronting.
These sessions are intended to be flexible and can address topics like applying webinar content to the specific organizational needs, feedback around financial reporting, budgets, scenario plans, and thought partnership around specific risks and opportunities for organizations, etc.
All services are at no cost to you or your nonprofit! Helpline and 1:1s are available for individual artists and creatives, as well as NWA arts & culture nonprofits. Sessions with Nonprofit Finance Fund are for nonprofits only. You can reach Arts Resource Desk Manager Simone Cottrell at 918.716.6335 via text or by leaving a detailed voicemail message.
Click the bulleted links below to download PDF resources.
CACHE in House
• A Five-Step Guide to Budget Development
• A Guide to Organized Capacity Assessment Tools
• Nonprofit Financial Infrastructure Self-Assessment
• Fiscal Management Activities Calendar — Instructions
• Nonprofit Professional Development
• Nonprofits Integrating Community Engagement Guide
• Self-Assessment Tool for Nonprofit Organizations
Nonprofit Board Governance
• Best Practice Materials for Nonprofit Boards
• Governance as Leadership — Reframing the Work of the Nonprofit Board
• Nonprofit Board Evaluation Form
• Nonprofit Board Development
• How to Ensure Your Strategic Plan Document is Complete
• Tips for Developing a Mission Statement
• Voices of Board Chairs Report
DEIA & Anti-Racism Tools
• No Going Back — A COVID-19 Cultural Strategy Activation Guide for Artists and Activists
• Continuum on Becoming an Anti-Racist Multicultural Organization
• Anti-Racism Resources — Be an Active Member of the Black Lives Matter Movement
• Anti-Racism Resources — Tools to Educate White People and Parents to Deepen Our Anti-Racism Work
• DEIA & #MeToo
Business Development for the Individual
• Building Partnerships With Businesses — Arts Based Training Programs
• Business Toolkits
• 10 Things to Consider When You’re Starting a Fiscally Sponsored Project With a Partner
• How To: Exit a Fiscal Sponsorship
• How To Receive Grants and Donations Through a Fiscal Sponsor
• Libro De Trabajo — Aptitudes de Negocios para Artistas
• Work of Art — Business Skills for Artists