Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art (CBMAA), Vitality Arts Project for Art Museums, and Lifetime Arts welcome you to apply to participate in a six hour professional development and training course. These interactive, online sessions will provide valuable training designed to equip teaching artists in our region with skills, knowledge and resources to design and present appropriate and meaningful arts experiences for older adults in a variety of community settings. The cohort of 25 selected artists who complete this program will be added to a roster of eligible teaching artists for upcoming opportunities.
Applications are currently closed.
- Applications Open: Tuesday, 8/16/2022 - 5pm CT
- Submission Deadline: Tuesday, 8/30/2022 - 5:00pm CT
- 1:1s Available: 8/17/2022 - 8/26/2022
- Awards Announced: 9/2/2022
- Virtual Course Dates: 9/19/2022 - 9/21/2022, 9:00am - 11:00am
Professional Development Course Details
- Program Cost: Free
- Applicants Accepted: 25
- Discipline Focus: Fine arts with an emphasis on visual arts. Media may include painting, drawing, printmaking fibers, sculpture, clay; other disciplines such as creative writing, performance, and choral/instrumental musicians may be considered.
- Training Format: Virtual
- Time Expectations: Three days, two hours per day (plus 20-30 minutes reviewing materials per day)
- Must be a Northwest Arkansas artist
- Must have previous teaching experience in delivering arts instruction, classes, or workshops
- Artistic disciplines eligible include fine arts with an emphasis on visual arts. Media may include painting, drawing, printmaking fibers, sculpture, clay; other disciplines such as creative writing, performance, and choral/instrumental musicians may be considered.
The selection committee will consist of members from the Creative Arkansas Community Hub & Exchange (CACHE) and CBMAA; their decision will be guided by the following criteria.
1. Professional experience as an artist: Demonstrates commitment to working in eligible disciplines; strength of work samples demonstrating artistic practice.
2. Teaching artist experience: Demonstrates ability to manage and deliver arts instruction; strength of teaching work samples.
3. Opportunity for professional growth: Clearly states how the training will present an opportunity to further the artist’s professional growth as a teaching artist.
More information about the course and partners
CACHE is facilitating this application process. If you need support or have questions related to the application materials, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions related to the Vitality Arts Project for Art Museums and Lifetime Arts, please contact Moira.Anderson@crystalbridges.org