MIXTAPE MUSIC SERIES
- Practicing artists and groups of artists are eligible to apply
- Non-profit organizations and for-profit creative entities are not eligible
- Applicants from neighboring states (OK, MO, KS, TN, TX, LA) are welcome to apply
- Applicants do not need to be Arkansas residents (some awards will be made to musicians/groups from outside of our region)
- The majority of the funds will be awarded to recipients in the 5 counties (Benton, Washington, Madison, Carroll, and Sebastian) of Northwest Arkansas
EVALUATION & SELECTION CRITERIA
Project proposals will be reviewed by a panel consisting of members from the 214 Advisory Committee and Leadership Council, CACHE Staff, and representatives of the Tyson Family Foundation.
To determine awards, the panel will consider the following three items: 1) Does the project present opportunities for Professional/Artistic Growth and Risk-taking? 2) Is the project feasible and does the applicant demonstrate the capacity and skill to achieve what they propose? 3) Does the applicant outline a compelling artistic vision or purpose for their practice in general, and does the project concept align with this artistic vision or purpose?
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT & SUPPORT
The cohort of selected participants will be provided ongoing artistic and music industry mentorship through community partnerships with leaders in the industry to equip artists with tools and knowledge around the industry, creativity, and economic sustainability while broadening their network of peers and collaborative partners.
CACHE will curate the artist list and promotions, including print and digital media and manage build out, assist with the utilization of in-house equipment, and ensure that each event offers a professional experience for both the performers and audience.
Available Awards: 20
Timeframe: Rotating Monthly, 2 Artists/Groups Per Month