Media assets can be found here.
SPRINGDALE, Ark. — CACHE today announces the second year of the Creative Exchange Fund (CXF). Applications for the program will open on June 12 and close on July 17. Successful applicants will be notified in August.
All practicing creatives, artists, non-profit organizations, and for-profit creative collectives are eligible to apply for CXF funds. Interested parties are encouraged to attend a General Information session on June 15 at 6 pm and an in-person site tour of The Medium on June 24 at 10:30 am.
CXF is a programming initiative designed to support Northwest Arkansas artists and creatives. The program invests in creative production capabilities and skill sets by subsidizing artist time, access to space, and professional development resources.
Five unique opportunities make up the program:
- ProducersThe Producers fund supports innovative community-engaged events organized by individuals or organizations. The Medium campus serves as a launchpad for event producers to generate greater social and artistic impact.
- The PlatformThe Platform fund supports performance-based artists and organizations presenting new work for the stage. The Medium’s 371-seat theater provides an opportunity to engage large audiences in a theatrical setting.
- Mixtape Music SeriesThe Mixtape Music Series is a free, all-ages, live music series that funds 16 musicians presenting original work. Each monthly Mixtape performance consists of two 45 to 60-minute acts within the Blackbox, Stage or Main Gallery.
- The Medium Artist ResidenciesThe Medium Artist Residency provides practicing 2D and 3D visual artists a creative studio space for six weeks; allowing them to take creative risks, expand artistically, and build relationships with the community.
- Spectra SeriesSpectra Series invites visual artists, artist collectives, and art facilitators to host a group exhibition in either The Medium’s Main Gallery or outdoor campus. This fund celebrates bold, innovative, and thought-provoking collaborative exhibitions with at least three artists.
Execution of all Creative Exchange Fund projects will take place at The Medium, a CACHE creative hub located in downtown Springdale. In its first year, CXF awarded funds to 56 Northwest Arkansas artists and creatives who mounted 80 unique activations. CXF is made possible with the support of the Tyson Family Foundation.
For more information about the program, upcoming information sessions and to apply, visit https://themedium.art/cxf/.
CACHE formed in 2019 to act as the central regional agency committed to connecting, supporting and developing the region’s arts, culture, and creative communities. CACHE will bring cohesive vision and strategy to the region’s organic creative activities, uplifting local artists, the nonprofit sector, municipal leadership, creative industries, and arts philanthropy and investments. CACHE programs include the Arts and Culture Bridge Fund, OZCast, region-wide cultural planning, the Music Ecosystem Strategy and Action Plan, and ARt Connect. Learn more at https://cachecreate.org/. The Medium is a CACHE creative hub located in Springdale, Arkansas. Find more information about The Medium at https://themedium.art/